Sunday, March 11, 2012

Coming Up With Your Twelve Commandments

I was reading a blog post by Gretchen called To Be Happier, Write your own set of Personal Commandments and while I have already almost got all of my commandments filled I wanted to share what she says can help you figure out what works best for you.

  1. Consider the phrases that have stuck with you. Is there something that your parents or grandparents always say to you. If so think about if that could work for your commandments
  2. Try and keep your commandments "Short and Snappy" so that way they are easy to remember and can be a daily reminder. Remember you don't have to have twelve commandments. If five things work for you go with it. This is YOUR HAPPINESS PROJECT!!!
  3. Think about whats true for you- "You need to think about yourself, your values, your strengths and weaknesses, your interests."
On a personal note as I was reading the comments on this article (Which you can find on her website/Blog) I came across someone who had on their list Be Authentic and I just loved it and am adding it as a side note to my Be Christina commandment. I also have come up with commandment number eleven for myself. Be Present . This is something I need to do on a hourly basis because I am always trying to be in the past or the future and I want to be in the now and enjoy whatever it is I am going through in that present moment!

I originally wrote this on my wordpress blog that I am trying out right now to see if I like the way that blog format works but I knew I needed to put it on here because I think in the end I will most likely be sticking to this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment