Friday, March 2, 2012

The Happiness Project

I realize I should have started out my blog with doing a review of the book that has inspired me to do this project in the first place; but I just realized today that I wanted to do a book review on the books I read so please forgive me.

The Happiness Project By Gretchen Rubin
During the very end of 2011 I ordered a bunch of books of of Amazon because I felt like I needed a change. I didn't realize that this one book would be the change I was craving. From the very first page I was hooked and by the first chapter I knew I would do my own Happiness Project.
The book starts out by Gretchen explaining how she realized that she needed more happiness in her life and that if she wanted that to be she was going to have to make it happen for herself. She gives the reader her personal commandments and her secrets to adulthood all before she digs into her year of happiness. She also gives you an idea of what her year was going to focus on.
Every chapter is a month and within each month she explains what that month of resolutions is about and how she went about them. What I love most about this book is that she relates her personal commandments and secrets of adulthood into her writing so you understand where she is coming from. Also I love that she doesn't just say everything went fine she writes about the good and the bad and I actually think that when things didn't go according to how she expected she learned more.
The end of the book she has a two page explanation of what happened after her year was up and I think it was just the best way for her to summarize how she felt. I love this book and recommend it to anyone who would like to become happier themselves. You don't have to devote a whole year to happiness as Gretchen did or how I am planning on but you could simply do a weeks worth at a time.
Being happy is something you must do for yourself and this book has opened the door for me and I will forever be grateful to Gretchen Rubin for writing this book!




No comments:

Post a Comment